Chucky Mama

Bob Martin remove all 'on animal' permetherin flea products

a quick heads up :D

Bob Martin is to remove its 'on-animal' flea products containing permethrin from sale to reduce the risk of misuse and misunderstanding around the permethrin the active ingredient. Permetherin is poisonous to cats and often owners are not aware of this and are often mistakenly using products intended for dogs on their cats. Permetherin poisoning in cats is one of the most common poisonings seen in cats by vets.

These products may now be classified so that those purchasing will be given suitably qualified advise as to their safe use (this process will take some time).

Bob Martin are not the only company that sells Permetherin 'on animal' flea products (Bob Martin 'Double Action Spot' on does not contain Permetherin).

I always use a type of frontline for dogs on my cats, but get them from the vet, so I know for sure I got the one without permetherin.

The little pipets for dogs are way cheaper and my cat is really small. With the dog one I can give her a more precise dose. A whole cat pipet is just too much.