redbug

K mix

I have one and it's excellent. I spent a long time dithering between this and a KitchenAid, eventually I decided I'd just be paying for the brand - the KMix has a more powerful motor and accessories are cheaper than the KitchenAid (although still expensive). It doesn't look quite as cute but it was cheaper.

I use this at least twice a week, and I've made bread, biscuits, cake, pastry, meringue ... it does pretty much everything you'd want and I strongly recommend it.

Have had a K-Mix bowl mixer for a few years ago. Wouldn't be without it. As pointed out above it is both cheaper and more powerful that the KitchenAid Artisan ones - I think they only became popular as a result of them being used on GBBO. Bought the matching hand whisk and kettle as well, all have been without fault.

John Lewis currently have the K-Mix on offer at £260 (in all the solid colours) with a free matching blender http://www.johnlewis.com/kenwood-kmix-kmx54-stand-mixer-and-blx54-blender-black/p234014801#tabinfo-spcl-offr

I missed debenhams offer for the grey stripe Kmix and had been waiting for it to come back in stock.

We were out in Barnstaple yesterday and came across a really nice cook shop I have never found before :) in the window they had Kitchenaid artisan mixers in the sale so I bit the bullet and went in and ordered one in boysenberry, it is due to come in later today so fingers crossed I can collect it later :D