Egzandra

Thinking of moving to Shropshire

I am a bit scared, I have to admit, Chortlechooks as well as being excited about it. That's why I have been talking to people on here about where they live and also why we are going to do a lot of research about the local churches, because if you join the right one you get a ready made family with things to plunge into as well as meeting a load of new people. There's nothing like helping with a project for making new friends we find. Also researching the crafts and interests route which is another great way. We are not expecting to feel at home instantly wherever we go - have to give it time and maybe in the meantime we will feel rather strange and homesick. We have lived in our home area all our lives and it is familiar to us but we are going to try something new now. Somewhere attractive where the children and their partners will want to visit with their children when they have them and our old friends of course!!

We haven't found anywhere yet although we have been looking on Rightmove - our eldest is getting married in a few weeks and we are busy with preparations for that!! Thank you, Newcountrygirl, I will be in touch if we find anywhere near to you. I am glad you have brought Lincolnshire to our attention because we hadn't really thought of it before you told us about it.

You are more than welcome Egzandra. Hope everything goes well with the wedding and then get looking in earnest. Spring and summer are the best times for viewing property. It makes everything feel more hopeful and positive somehow. I was an Estate Agent in a former life so I have a keen interest in property and always keep up with whats about in our area. :D