5fathens

Help is my ducky dead?

hi,

Sorry to be really brief but my duckling obviously hatched either this morning or during the night, it was under our broody hen and I didn't know it had hatched until about 15 mins ago I heard a comotiona dn found it on the floor not moving but away from the nest. I tried to keep it warm have wrapped it in wet warm kitchen paper and put in warming up incubator but have no idea if it will live!

is there anything I can do????

I don't think it was breathing and certainly didn't make a sound but it's eye did seem to open a little....I was shaking so much I just don't know and the incubator is borrowed and not easy to see through

help please

thanks

thanks that's good to know. unfortunately little ducky didn't make it.

hen is again broody but so far am not too sure if the last fertile egg has taken or not....when candled the dark bit moves to whichever end is top....would that be the yolk of an unfertile egg or could it be a chick just moving with gravity? I have a funny feeling from last time that the line stayed still when the egg was moved??