Sara_PC

Hentronix door opener - Anybody got one? What's your experience with them?

We've just installed a Hentronix door opener and so far it's working well. However we don't have any chickens yet so wondered what people's experience with it had been? It it reliable? Has anyone had any issues with it getting wet/breaking? Just want to know what the long term experiences are as for nearly £200 I am hoping it has a long shelf life!

Hello I'm not sure about a 'Hentronix' door opener but I used to have a standard auto-door opener and it was brilliant - I had a light sensitive one and I never had a problem with it but you do need to be sure you have a fox-proof run.  I had a break from chicken-keeping and started up again about 18 months ago but this time with seramas - I could use it in the mornings I suppose but they don't put themselves to bed (I have to physically put them to bed) so wouldn't really be an advantage for me now!  o.O

Thanks - Yes we have a fox proof run. We lost three because I didn't shut the door properly on the WIR one night...it only has to happen once :( So we got the Hentronix as a fail-safe just in case. It's worked perfectly since we've installed it - no complaints yet I just hope it lasts!

Hentronix has the most options in configuration.  Awesome app e mail tech support is good.   Since they are all in the UK it takes one day for a response.  If you really need support for repair, forget it. They don’t want to work on having returns or repairs. They don’t want to repair their equipment.  You will just need to buy a new unit.  That really *****ed me off but I still use the Hentronix because of its options.  

they could use some bad press on their repair service repair.  Maybe that will change.