Natspringy

Head flicking.....normal or something to check?

Hi all,

I'm aware our recent losses have made me nervous. So I'm hoping I'm just being neurotic. But I've noticed one of my girls twitching/flicking her head... Not sure if it's just chicken behaviour or something to check and if so what to check for.  It'a a kind of a quick head flick every few minutes or so. Apart from that she seems in good health, eating and drinking as normal, not as many eggs but I guess that may be heat also she's just lost her buddy.  She's doing it more than the others so don't know if I need to check it out or treat her for something...

Since noticing I've done a total mite kill in the coop and had a go at trying to dust her.  Anything else I should check for/do?

Sorry so many questions. Thank you all for your time. 

Edited by Natspringy

Thank you for replying.  Watching her I think she's less twitchy today.  Managed to give her a good dust just now. She's pretty cross now though so harder to watch as she's hiding in the bamboo.

I've done a second mite attack today and given protein for moulting. She seems fine in herself. She's not as fond of a dust bath so could make sense it's mites.

Also given vitamins in water in case.

Thank you.

Edited by Natspringy
Sorry accidental swear