Greyskye

Indian runner ducks in original eglu?

Just settled into new house, re-assembled my old eglu and debating whether to stick with chickens or get ducks this time! I adore Indian runner ducks but could I keep them in my original style eglu? the internal height is 50cm and I assume if I remove the roosting bars then the tray underneath would be ok to bed down with straw? Would be looking to keep 2 female ducks, run will have bark chip base and will leave door between eglu and run open so they can wander in and out of eglu overnight. Also have plastic rain cover for run and sunshade so not exposed to elements. Is the eglu and run big (tall) enough for them or should I stick to chickens? Thanks 

01FB0B55-313F-41D9-9743-5CFD70451E3F.jpeg

58B12ACC-0A63-40D9-8289-D36D94C0EB58.jpeg

67F6BEB4-3AEB-4E3F-96D6-E68EDB0A5938.jpeg

I know folks who have kept them in an eglu before, but that was a Classic, which is taller. If to take the roosting bars out, that Go should be OK, But I would suggest checking the height of the run where it joins the housing. The Go run is much smaller, so you'd only be able to get 2 in there... at a stretch; ducks need to be able to roam.