AnneEgg

Eglus Required for Chicken Rescue!

Hi everyone!

You may have seen in the press a story that seems to have gone viral - my local town of Diss has a little chicken issue lol  It's made BBC News, Sky News and the Daily Telepgraph today, to name but a few!  A pair of chooks were abandoned and have bred... exponentially!  I've just ordered a giant 6m x 3m run and someone locally is giving me a wooden coop able to house about 8, but I really want plastic Eglus eventually, rather than a wooden coop - so much easier to clean!

Although I intended to have chooks again next year, once we move in a couple of months, I hadn't intended to do it quite so soon and our funds are rather tied up in finishing building the house we're moving into(!).  If there is anyone out there who would like to sell any Eglu coops cheap, or even donate them to the cause, I would be forever grateful (as would the local residents, currently being terrorised by 200+ feral chickens lol).  

I think I will end up with 12-15 hens, so any combination of coops would be great - not bothered about colour, shape, or model (although wheeled versions are the dream and 2 Cubes would house them all perfectly!) just so long as they're in good working order.  I have a jetwash, so dirt isn't an issue.

I seem to have (more by accident than design!) started a bit of a local Facebook rescue mission, so hopefully we can find all the rogue hens a home in the near future!  If anyone reading this would like to rescue any, please note the following, especially if you would be introducing them to an existing flock...

1) we have no idea what, if any, disease they may have.  b) it's RUMOURED they are from some kind of fighting breed, so can be feisty and might not mix well with your own babies - I'm trying to get more info, but I'm not sure if it will be forthcoming.  c) there is no formal rescue planned.  Those who are interested are simply going up there and catching what they can take.  Please message me for more info if you are interested in rehoming any - thank you xx

I have the following information regarding a possible breed type...  "They are a hardfeather type, maybe Carlisle, oeg or oxford game type, lovely birds but renowned for being feisty."

Anyone interested in giving some a home needs to take this into account x

Hi AnneEgg

Don't know if you are still looking but I have the Eglu Cube MK1 complete with two Copper Marans.(POL this year) The chooks you can have but I do need to sell the Cube. If you or somebody you know would like the Cube I am selling it for £350. Very good condition, I have photo's if required.