ajm200

Rats..

Spent the whole day clearing out the deep bedding in the walk in run as I noticed something had been digging my the door.   Took up the weed control fabric and found a whole network of rat runs.  It hadn’t made it up through the floor but it was only a matter of time until part of it caved in. There are 3 bait boxes by the run, all untouched despite being there weeks.  Now have slabs down with heavy Timber round the edges so the slabs are a really tight fit.  Have more slabs to lay round the perimeter too.  Think it is the same rat that we used to see visiting the cube run that would go out of its way to avoid traps.  Think we need to borrow a Jack Russell!

Or a cat! We had rats in our compost heap late last year (and have subsequently had to stop using it) but found several juvenile rats, paws up and bloody, on the lawn. We think we have next door's cats to thank (makes a change from them messing in our garden every time I dig!)