Dia X

Bantam hen with wry neck

Hi everyone. 

I'm very worried about my Bantam hen. She is around 6 years old and she has just gone through a big moult. It made her collapse a lot and she has lost a significant amount of muscle mass and weight (she now weighs 750g). I have been giving her poultry drops and have started to hand feed her food and water at fixed, frequent intervals in the day. 

She is sleeping all the time and just recently, she has developed wry neck. A younger chicken had a peck order fight with her but I quickly broke it up. I'm scared this has injured her neck but I'm leaning more towards her diet as she wasn't eating much for days. 

I have a query about the vitamin e capsules I'm using. I have been giving her 100 i.u. a day with powdered sunflower seeds. I want to give her more as I've heard people give their hens 300 to 400 i.u for wry neck. She's just so underweight that I'm worried about giving her too much. Should I increase the dosage? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.