LisaA

Wheel set replacement

I have the same problem - axle gone on Mk1 Cube. I have been told welding is out of the question due to amount of corrosion.  Omlet say they don’t supply the spares anymore as it’s discontinued, and say the MK2 wheel set won’t fit. Has anyone come up with a home made alternative solution to keep wheels on the cube Mk1?

Would anyone with Mk2 cube wheelset be kind enough to measure the dimensions of the metal rods for me holding the wheels. I know officially MK2 wheel set doesn’t fit the MK1 but I want to see if it can be adapted in some way to fit Mk1.

Just jumping in to follow this thread- one of my mk 1 wheels is shot, and after months of trying to get a new set, have just received an email saying they're no longer in production and a refund will be issued- not much use! 

Am desperate to find a way of fixing them up. I've so far tried cable ties and a long, hollow steel rod (like a wardrobe rail) between the two wheels to stop it from buckling in, but the weight always wins!