mullethunter

Women’s outdoor / work trouser

I’m wondering if there are any ladies on here who have an outdoors job who can help me by recommending a decent pair of work trousers. 

They need to be comfortable for lots of walking and to be worn under waders and waterproof trousers, to be warm enough for winter (although I do wear thermals underneath so they don’t have to do everything) but cool enough for summer, and to be tough enough to cope with brambles and gorse. 
They need to come in black and a size 6/8 and have at least a couple of decent pockets.

I currently wear Brasher walking trousers which cost about £50. They’re OK but they only last a couple of years. I’ve been toying with the idea of something from Fjallraven but they’re eye wateringly expensive and out of stock everywhere.

Anyone recommend anything?

You could have a look at the shooting clothing websites such as Ardmoor - anything designed for the ladies shooting lot tends to be nicely made and up for the rigours of the countryside. I have some jackets by Baleno and they are excellent.

• Thanks 1