chickenlickin

dirty bottom!

p.s. i'd suggest a 2 person job, one to hold her and the other to wash her nether parts

I've developed this clever technique of grabbing the chook, turning it so it faces backwards and holding it between my ankles before I set to work. You have to have your "operating theatre" set up beforehand. :lol::lol:

This is a weekly job for me with Clarry as she's so round now that she can't clean herself. I stand her in a bowl of warm water - nothing more than that - and, wearing rubber gloves, gently roll any clumps of droppings between my fingers to break them up as some of them can get quite big. The rest just rinse off with a little rub. She won't sit in front of the fire to dry off and certainly won't even consider the hairdryer so I towel her as dry as I can and pop her back outside again. She seems to enjoy the experience too and stands in the bowl as good as gold, no matter how long it takes to get her rear end nice and clean.

I've developed this clever technique of grabbing the chook, turning it so it faces backwards and holding it between my ankles before I set to work. You have to have your "operating theatre" set up beforehand. :lol::lol:

now THAT we have to have a photo of! :D

Hi Everyone, please could you help! One of my Buff Orpingtons has very dirty fluff around her vent due to runny poos. How do I clean it off? Please Help!

Daniele

Hi there, i imersed my blue haze (lavender) in a plastic trug full of warm water and baby shampoo and with a pair of rubber gloves just gently swooshed the water round the vent area. Once she dried she had a lovely fluffy bum again :D