Aschmidt

Outdoor Cat Enclosure / Catio => Assembly at wall of our house

Hello everybody,

I plan to build the omlet cat catio (https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/cat_products/catios-outdoor-cat-enclosures/) with one side open next to our house wall. Since Omlet itself only references to their customers for solutions of assembly to walls here my question:

we have a thermal insulation composite system (Wärmedämmverbundsystem) attached to our house wall => so I cannot assemble the cat catio directly to the wall into the thermal insulation composite system.

I would be grateful, if anybody has solution ideas how to do it.

Best regards

Andreas Schmidt

After looking at the link, I don't think you need to attach it to the wall because the cage is designed to be free-standing. The weld mesh will provide sufficient strength to keep the whole thing square. I assume you would have the back of the cage against the wall surface. If you did want to attach it you would have to drill through the composite insulation and into the wall, then use an anchor bolt with a tubular spacer the length of the thickness of insulation. A difficult job without doubt.