Hello everyone 

I have a plot of 3.6m by1.8m for a chicken run does anyone have any suggestions of the best thing for the chickens to utilise the space and what walk in run is best to get. The omlet runs are to expensive.

Many thanks in advance

There are companies that will build them to order and there have been posts on this subject. Alternatively you could build your own. My advice would be to use the best treated timber and fit small gauge good quality (hot dip galvanised, not electroplated zinc) weld mesh so that rats, sparrows and even mice can't get in.

Definitely use weldmesh, chicken wire isn't good enough.  Have a look around online or in your local feed merchants/farm shop/chicken breeder/chicken retail outlet to see if there is somebody who will make you one, you could even try a carpenter or your local handyman.  If you have it made, think about where it would be best to site the door. I'd have a kickboard around the outside to stop aubiose/whatever being kicked out, and I'd have a skirt/lay paving slabs to make it harder for foxes to dig underneath.  Also think about the roof, and what you want it made from.  You could even think about having a lower run made if you wanted to save money.  

• Thanks 1