Moonie

Emmerdale

it's a very sad storyline isn't it. I think they were using one of those re-born dolls too in the scenes where the baby was meant to be dead which was a bit creepy :?

God help anyone who has to go through the death of a baby and then to have to be scrutinised by the police and social services. Reminds me of those cases of women accused of murdering their babies when it was cot death all along.

Soaps are meant to portray real life and sadly these things happen, maybe it's good that they are raising awareness?

it's a very sad storyline isn't it. I think they were using one of those re-born dolls too in the scenes where the baby was meant to be dead which was a bit creepy :?

God help anyone who has to go through the death of a baby and then to have to be scrutinised by the police and social services. Reminds me of those cases of women accused of murdering their babies when it was cot death all along.

Soaps are meant to portray real life and sadly these things happen, maybe it's good that they are raising awareness?

Hi Poet, I hope they are doing it to raise awareness, as it's such a sad subject. Particuarly as i have an 18 month old, it really is very uncomfortable to watch.

BTW make sure you are online often as i will need you for lots of ex bat advice as i am picking my girls up from free at last this weekend!! :D

Anyone watch it? How sad :cry: Was it necessary to have this storyline to raise viewing figures? :(

I think it is necessary to cover stories within soaps that we find hard to watch - at least those who watched it would know how to resuscitate a baby now. As a an AED sister I have dealt with this situation too many times for my liking and all those emotions they went through was so true to life - the actors were fantastic - I congratulate them on covering such a sensitive and upsetting subject in such a profound way.

It was very hard to watch especially with my baby upstairs sleeping soundly,

But they have to cover these things to keep it real and raise awareness. Its like when Alice died of Cancer (OR the overdose for euthanasia) I cried buckets but it is real life and there are people in those horrible situations all the time.

I think its good that the soaps are mainly fun but do play an important role in educating the public too.

Well done EMMERDALE!

I have to say I didn't watch it but I hope they deal with Cot Death as well as they dealt with Alice's cancer storyline because that was handled so well.

I do feel Emmerdale manage these sort of storylines with a much kinder hand than some of the other soaps.

Sometimes these storylines make you reassess and realise how lucky you are to have only small problems.

xxxx