Lesley

Water Aid

There have been a few comments recently re being environmentally friendly so I thought that some of you may be interested in this site:-

"WaterAid"

It only requires you to 'click', the number of clicks received determines the amount of aid donated to Water Aid, it doesn't cost anything and there is no registration. There is also info. about Water Aid.

If you sign up for a reminder they send you a daily email but say they don't pass on your details. I have signed up but it might not work as the firewall here filters out messages when they are sent to lots of addresses as they might be spam :evil: I will see if it works. Its very annoying as it often filters out genuine stuff - like work :x

Hi everyone

This is a really good idea. Must admit I went to this topic in case it was advice about peanut water containers (the water keeps slopping out of mine when I fix it on the run)

Now I've seen it, I've been to "click" and will try to remember to do daily

Best wishes

Sharon :lol::lol: (green eglu)

GNR Ruby

PP Pearl

I now keep mine standing upright on the ground. Wedging the peanut into the corner, I have an old casserole dish as a 2nd container which they love. I think I'd feel safer with 2 sources in case of accident, unless you have the standing container which can't be knocked over.

Have you clicked on Water Aid?

I've found the same thing with our peanut container, however the girls have worked out a solution - who said that chickens aren't clever? We have two big water butts, and they've discovered that if they go and peck the tap they can make it drip enough to get a drink! Way to go chicken-power!

Hi

Just been to click and have answered question. Re: the water containers, I read a previous post about trying one of the more traditional poultry "drinkers". Our local farm supplies shop had plastic and galvanised ones. The metal ones looked more stable so decided to go for that one. It looks nice in the run too and girls seem to like it.

Best wishes

Sharon :lol::lol:(green eglu)

GNR Ruby

PP Pearl