Mrs Frugal

Uploading an avatar - the picture under your name

To add an avatar to your profile, you need to find a picture either on the internet or a photo of your own. When you find one you like, click the right hand button of your mouse over it and a menu will come up. The picture has to be less than 12K or no more than 80 pixels high or wide so click on "Properties" to see if it's the right size. On the menu, select "Save picture as" - in the box that comes up when you do that, you can choose where the picture will be stored on your computer. I always put them straight into "My Pictures" which is the file the computer automatically selects for you. Click "save". The picture is then stored in a file ready for use.

Right, now go into "User Control Panel" at the top of the forum page, click "profile" on the left of the page and find "Edit Avatar", also in the box on the left. You need to click on "Upload from your machine" and then click the "Browse" button to find where your picture is stored. You'll see the "My Pictures" file automatically appear when you do that and all you have to do is find the name of the picture you've saved. Double click on that name and it should appear in the box next to the "Browse" button. All you now have to do is click "Submit" and it should be in your profile.

To upload an avatar from Photobucket, make sure it's avatar sized first (80x80 pixels) by selecting "resize" then "avatar" or you can use http://www.bigwebpages.com/big/resize.html - Scroll down the page and where it says width selectable put in 80 - or it will push the text sideways on the page. Copy the "Direct Link" code from under the picture when its in thumbnail size in Photobucket, highlight the code in this box, click your right mouse button and select "copy" from the menu that pops up. Go to your profile and paste it into the box which says "Link to off-site Avatar:" then click submit.

Please keep your avatar to a reasonable size! Anything which is over sized will be resized :wink: ! Nothing larger than 175 pixels wide and 233 pixels high please.