gooner.girl

help with chooks drinking out a superglug

I bought my chickens a new superglug (the one with nipples!) to go in their eglu run. they are used to drinking out a normal glug but the ducks make their drinking water dirty so quickly i figured this might be a better option - (less duck accesible - ie high enough they can't stick their heads in it!) Has anyone any experience in chickens swapping from one to the other - do they learn themselves or do i ahve to somehow teach them - or will they just ignore it completely and go in the duck run and drink from their glug?! :roll: Help please!

:roll::evil: I've been prodding the nipples with a stick to make water drip out ever since I got my Cube nearly three weeks ago, and I still don't think they have cottoned on.

I put a spare peanut in there partly so they wouldn't die of thirst while they were learning, and also because there was a bit of bullying going on and I wanted to make sure they could all get to some water. I just can't seem to get them interested in it. Is there anything I could smear on the nipples to make them peck at them? I am really frustrated, because it would hold lots more water and be cleaner than a Glug.

I have the same problem Olly - they would rather die of thirst than drink from it - stubborn little things that they are :roll:

It would make life so much easier if they did