JM

What extras do I need to get?

Hi Everyone

This is a case of planning ahead!! I know I've got a bit of time before my cube and chickens come, but it gives me opportunity to stock up with essential extras! So what do you think I need to get hold of before they come - health stuff, food etc etc

I'm getting a cube with standard run, 3 chickens, food, chicken netting from Omlet. I'm not having a fixed run - I'm going to move it in between 2 or 3 positions in the garden. So what else do I need? (Oh and I am a total novice so have no chicken paraphenalia!!)

Thanks in advance

Jill

Would that be what do you need - or what would be nice to have :lol: ?!

I would add to Eglutine's list a bit of mixed corn - a good treat to get them started eating from your hand early on and an easy way to get them back in the run - a handful in the run will get them back in (but they look soo upset when they realise you have tricked them into being locked in the run again!)

Tracy

Thanks for those suggestions - I've started my list!

Tracy - I was thinking of both really (need and nice)!

How about worming stuff and the like? (How often do you do things like that? Is it like dogs, where you worm them at regular intervals, or do you just do it when necessary?)

Jill

Welcome to the forum JM :D . Half the fun is the planning ahead and getting everything you need (and loads you don't, but is fun to get :wink: ).

There are a few posts dotted about where people have asked the same question. I'll see if I can find a few for you.

Re worming, most people use Flubenvet which is usually administered every 3 months. There was a post about that recently which I'll look out for you.