Mirkwood

a little conserned

We already have a rabbit and decided to to get another, so off we went today( don't know if im allowed by Mods to say where????????) and they have a small section that says Wood Green on it. Now it makes it look as if the rabbits are from Wood Green but after talking to someone at the store today they are not. the rabbits are brought into the store by people who no longer want them or find they can not care for them any longer. the Wood Green connection, well he said they are just saying its a good place to adopt from!!! but the worrying bit is when we adopted the first we were told that he had been neutered but on closer inspection he clearly hasn't so i said to the guy today has he ( the new one ) been neutered " yes" he said so i said "well are they done here or at Wood green"" No" he said the people who bring them in say they have"." so you can't really guarantee that can you". he said "no we can't". now thats ok because i have now got 2 males but what if some newbie had a male and adopted a female being told she had been neutered!!!!

Edited by Guest

took the rabbit last weds and he was castrated. yesterday went to "the pet store" with the bill i had paid and whith out question they gave me the £35.00 it cost to have him done. i was so suprised i nearly fell over. i had the paper work from the adoption which clearly stated he had been castrated even though he hadn't.

Yes that was my worry. My vet was disgusted because she said that it could have resulted in an unwanted pregancy. Also she gave him his jab for myxsie and checked his teeth, which she said were in need of a trim. it doesn't end there though the other rabbit we adopted we have found out killed its pen mate!!!!!!!!! And they didnt tell us. he had also been rehome but brought back because of his temprement. we will keep him though............we have a very large pen for him now and our two will not mix. stewie runs round the garden, peter has a 10x10 run. i hope that will be enough for him because its all the space i can spare. bless him he deserves to be settled somewhere and he will be with us. thick gloves i think as he bites :D