AnnieP

puddleduck??!!

Ok, humour me here guys.

I live next door to a rather famous MP who, for securtiy reasons, I cannot name.

This evening, his housekeepers, with whom I am very friendly (I get to use the swimming pool when said MP isn't there :wink: ), rang to ask for a sanity check.

MP has returned home after a hectic week in Parliament and done his weekly tour of grounds with friend to inspect. Coming across the pond, there are two very large white "things" in it. Friend thinks they are just turned signets, ie. grey things that are just about now white. MP says, in very knowing way, "oh no, they are a breed of Puddleduck".

Now, short of Jemima, I know of no puddle ducks. Indian runners, Muscovy's, etc yes, Puddles, NO!

Is he taking the whatsit, or seriously am I lacking in some kind of education here?

I would like to point out that I have not yet seen said Puddle ducks, so cannot form an opinion for myself, but intend to go and have a good "gander" tomorrow.

All suggestions as to what these Giant white swimming birds might be will be gratefully received....