Woodchick

Sneezing chicken?

I have had my 3 since Friday and this is my second posting...... and perhaps second daft question. But I have no one else to ask!

What does a sneezing chicken sound like? 2 of mine make a sort of snuffling/snorting sound from time to time and I don't know whether I should be worried. On a positive note they have settled in very well, seem to love their cube (even the ladder), eat and drink with enthusiasm and will take grapes from my hand.

I would appreciate some thoughts.

Our chickens do that aswell! They tend to do it when they free ranging, I think it's cause they got a bit of a long piece of grass or something. I think as long as they not doing it all day long they should be ok? Someone else will be along in a mo with some more advice. :D

I hear the occasional sneeze from mine. As long as they are bobbing about, and are eating and drinking,, and are not snotty, there is probably nothing to worry about.

Citricidal is useful if they have a cold though. You can get it from health food shops or the Omlet Shop **Here**

I agree, I sometimes hear the odd sneezy sound from mine. Occasionally one will sneeze a bit more and citricidal in the water works wonders. As long as it is just sneezes and there are no snotty noses or runny eyes they seem to respond well to the citricidal. :D

What does a sneezing chicken sound like? 2 of mine make a sort of snuffling/snorting sound from time to time and I don't know whether I should be worried.

My lot actually sound like they are sneezing just like we do. But mine only sneeze once, then wander off. I'm a big fan of Citricidal too.