SAB

Got them! Love them!

We got our first chooks today! (Pictures to follow soon I hope).

Tallulah (Lavender Pekin Bantam) - small and chilled out.

Gloria (White Silkie) - escaped when being transferred from box to coop and tried to jum into fish pond!

Myrtle (White Sussex/Aracuana cross) - motherly to the bantam and sedate in manner.

Delilah (Splash Maran) - friendly but shyest of the bunch.

Cassandra (Exchequer Leghorn) - talkative.

Daphne (Blue Copper Maran) - super-escapee during transfer from box to coop - flew up a tree and jumped into neighbouring field, ran across field and hid in clump of nettles - thankfully brought back in his jumper by my OH (who loathes chickens)! This one is going to be trouble!

We have all discovered chicken watching is hypnotic! Our garden badly needs attended to but sits in disarray, whilst our cube and run look fab, with logs, etc for the birds to play on. My 9 year old son is sitting in the run and I suspect may try to nest with them later - he was up at the crack of dawn this morning with excitment. And my 11 year old daughter nearly exploded on seeing Myrtle who she thinks is the most beautiful thing in the world (and will lay blue eggs!).

Yes Scottie, our Delila is sister of your Blossom - guess that makes us family!

Our 2 little ones (Pekin Bantam and Mini Silkie) had to be helped into bed tonight - they had huddled in against the wheels and maternal Myrtle had sat on top of them to get them warm ...ahh.

All 6 inside for the night now - looked in from the roof and it shows huge the cube is - there looks room for loads more!