chocchick Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 I suppose Kate Humble has experience of wildlife programmes from animal park. Maybe she's trying to build a profile? She looks a lot more comfortable on animal park, maybe because it is not live or she gets on better with the other presenter? Maybe she is there to keep BO in line! Bill Oddie does have good knowledge, and it does occasionally just drop into the conversation when he is not trying to be funny e.g. about Marsh Buntings(?). I'm not sure they work well together. I'm sure when I was younger I wasn't aware of the presenters as much, but can't remember if anyone presented it apart from BO. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MedusA Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 DD (aged 23) and I love Springwatch. We enjoy it all. Despite Bill's risque comments, he does really know his stuff. We love the way Kate keeps him in check and the banter between them. The ying/yang metaphor is very apt. They remind me of Morecambe and Wise! We love Simon too. We don't think he's boring at all and the slowmo footage was brilliant. I can appreciate that watching with kids could be awkward at times, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. It's the higlight of my TV viewing at the moment. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 Theres always the kids springwatch if the adult one is too risque for your children. I love the childrens one and my goodness is that tune addictive http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/springwatch/song.shtml Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bronze Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 give me Bill Oddie over that boring Simon bloke any day of the week! Give me Gordon B ove any of them every time Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...