Morning 5......just checked the nest box out of routine, just in case although none of them have used it for egg laying :roll:

and there was an EGG!!! Wohooo! Clever girl whoever laid it in there, right next to the fake one, we might have them all in there tomorrow now :D

I'm pretty sure it was Thelma as she went up into the house which she doesn't normaly do in the day and i saw her go in there, wasn't in there long, then came out. All my chickens are silent layers though so give nothing away....i'm sure they do it to try and trick me ("hmmmm...where shall we hide them today!!") Hehe! :lol:

I agree - i didn't think it was possible to get so excited over eggs :lol:

It appears so, if they never laid an egg i wouldn't have cared as love to bits, but must admit i do love having our own fresh eggs from them each day :D

I'm amazed at their intelligence, although have since found out they are as clever an monkeys....maybe that's why they act like little monkeys most of the time!! :lol: