DeanUK

Does the Eglu Cube arrive flat packed?

Hi Guys and Girls

Going to Banbury to pick up my Eglu tomorrow because I am just so darned impatient!

I am wondering whether the Eglu Cube comes flat and needs building from scratch or whether it is almost there in terms of construction. Is the frame a separate item etc

The reason i ask is because I will need to take the trailer on the car and I am wondering whether I need to take the gas lift cover off or not before I go!

Any help you can give on this would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Our cube came in about 3 or 4 boxes ( we didn't order the run) and they were pretty big - about 4 or 5 feet by about 2 and a half and about 12 inches deep. It does come flat packed, but quite a bit is already done. I put the thing together myself without any other help, and apart from fixing on the ladder (my husband had to do that) I put it all together in about an hour or so. I only needed a screwdriver.

Hope this helps

Sheila

The Cube comes in very large pieces, and if possible you need quite a big space away from its final resting place to put the Cube and run together.

(That may only apply to certain gardens, however: if you have a lot of space you may be able to make it in situ. My Cubes are quite near a fence, which is probably why Omlet on both occasions chose to set the whole thing up elsewhere.)

And remember that the wheels of the Cube don't turn: you have to push the made-up Cube and run to its final home in as straight a line as possible. Turns can only be executed with long and careful backwards and forwards movements.

I haven't put one together, but I have watched Omlet: it takes the Omlet man an hour and a half to put together a Cube + standard run + one extension, so do allow enough time.

Thanks fellow chook keepers…

Well, you will be fellow chook keepers WHEN my Eglu is built and the chooks are in! Until then, you are the lucky ones and I'm all impatient and overly eggcited!

And I'm far too old really to get this eggcited but I just can't help it!

Weyhey!