Egg Lou

Wonky?? Crop

Really dumb question so apologise in advance :oops:

I've heard of impacted crop etc.. but is it normal for them to be off to one side? Our Pied had a very large crop yesterday that although it seems to have gone down a bit overnight, still looks bulging on one side ( was also one sided yesterday) swings a lot when she moves too..

She seems very normal very lively and eating well.. is this just a female "baggy" on one side thing perhaps?

Yesterday

OurChickens231.jpg

Today

OurChickensday2042.jpg

Perfectly normal Egg Lou....the crop does veer to one side when full, making them look a bit like Ann Widdecombe by the end of the day. :)

that just made me spill my cereal! :lol::lol::lol:

edited to say, not to worry also - all of ours end up looking like that. It is particularly funny to see on the smaller girls!

Edited by Guest

Perfectly normal Egg Lou....the crop does veer to one side when full, making them look a bit like Ann Widdecombe by the end of the day. :)

Thank you! font of all knowledge as usual :D

Was just worried as far larger/lopsided than other girls and thought it should have been completly gone this morning.. phew I got a lot to learn! :oops:

that just made me spill my cereal! :lol::lol::lol:

edited to say, not to worry also - all of ours end up looking like that. It is particularly funny to see on the smaller girls!

Describes it perfectly :lol:

You wait until she hears you rattling the treat bowl and has to run across to you from the other side of tghe garden.

It has me in fits of laughter every time my big ladies do that.

She certainly is the greediest of them all.. her head goes like a pneumatic drill on the grass and grub!