Guest Poet

runny poo, soft eggs, sitting down....

Fatima seems to have been a bit off colour for the last few days. She's always been prone to the odd softie, despite us putting crushed egg shells and limestone flour in the mash. But the last few days she seems to have had runny poo, sits down a lot, walks slowly and spends more time than usual in the nest box.

I don't have bokashi bran so am going out later to get some probiotic yoghurt and plan to mix it with granary bread (which is rich in B1 and apparently good for intestinal upsets) and try her with that.

They were all wormed in dec and march with flubenvet so i don't think she has worms. Could just be another softie but doesn't explain the runny/watery poo???

Any other advice welcomed :?

Edited by Guest

just read cinnamon's thread about pansy (very sorry to hear about your loss) do you think the same thing might be happening to Fatima?

Poet, that sounds similar to how Mindy was the other week. I syringed water and yoghurt into her and she's now back to her normal cheeky self. Oh, and I also wasn't sure if she was eggbound so I stood in her some warm water and sloshed that over her vent and tummy area. She was falling asleep on my arm whilst I did this so I didn't think she'd make it. They are a worry aren't they so I hope Fatima is OK.

thanks Anne. I went out to get some live yoghurt and the shop didn't have any plain so I had to get some Onken strawberry probiotic yoghurt with the cereal grains in. I also got some of those actimel yoghurts. I mixed some of the top (white) bit of the actimel with some of the onken yoghurt and some seeded batch bread and mushed it all together.

They all ate some, including Fatima. Fatima is eating and drinking okay apart from her other symptoms so I'll see how she is tomorrow.

They've been out free ranging all afternoon and Fatima did wander about slowly for a bit and ate some grass but then plonked herself under the quince tree and just dozed.

They're all back in now and I've refreshed their water and added a little ACV.

Not sure if there is anything else I could or should be doing :?

hi anne, thanks for the suggestion, do you know why it's beneficial at all? I tried googling but just kept getting recipes :?

Sorry I'm so late in replying but I've only just come back on. I think it's because it's got quite a bit of protein in it. I did loads of research before we got our exbatts and just noted down things I'd found. I'm sure it was the exbatt yahoo group I saw it on.

I see, thanks. She seems to have perked up a little bit this evening so fingers x'd for t'row. I'll give them all a bit more pro biotic yoghurt/bread mix t'row and see how it goes, i'm hoping that's helped her upset tummy.

xxx

she seems fine today, gave them all a bit more of the same mushed up bread and yoghurt and when we got home she came out with the others for a while and seemed very well.

Thanks for asking after her Anne :D

xxxx