Ziggy Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 That's really bad... I need to grow up and start not expecting everybody to be nice and honest and fair... when I first started reading this, I thought maybe it was a genuine case of one person winning something on ebay, to then tell their partner happily when they came home, and find partner replying with a 'but I just bought one as a surprise'... never would have thought of checking username and finding that the same user actually won another one... I was personally quite happy when ebay stopped allowing sellers to give negative feedback. I received an email from them explaining that sellers wouldn't be allowed to leave negative feedbacks for buyers, as many buyers didn't dare to leave honest feedback for sellers for fear of feedback retaliation, and they felt it no longer helped to have that system in place... I was one of the people this happened to, a seller never sent an item, never replied to emails, never replied to paypal's inquiries, and I got my money back from Paypal, then left a negative feedback and immediately the seller, who had not bothered answering any emails or communication for weeks, left me a negative feedback saying I had not given them a chance to solve the dispute... then I got a message, again immediately, from the seller, suggesting we both agreed to mutually withdraw our feedback... I was gutted... such obvious blackmailing seems to have been happening a lot, and I wrote to ebay about it and got a really lovely long reply in which they did sympathise a lot, said it was not uncommon, but they couldn't do anything about it, but were reviewing the feedback policies... I don't know how it works at the moment, but maybe they should introduce a 'selective neg feedback' for buyers, whereby sellers could select a reason for negative feedback, like 'non payer' and other common, reasons that can be proved or checked and might be easier for a buyer to dispute/seller to prove... not sure if that'd be possible... when I got my negative feedback just to force me to withdraw mine it did make me rather angry (yes, again, I stupidly expected the seller to actually feel bad about being a bad seller.... I can be a little naive at times)... I hope you get everything sorted and manage to sell your eglu... I fully understand how frustrating this must have been, and I hope your buyer finds that the other one she bought is not at all as yours would have been!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superjules Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 Aw, Lisa, that's bad she bought another one. Nasty girl. How can someone inadvertantly buy two eglus? Must try that with OH, "Sorry dear, I inadvertantly bought another eglu!" Can't imagine I'd get away with it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surferdog Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 I think someone is telling porkies! Omlet have a 28 day money back guarantee so they could have returned the surplus eglu and got the full amount back. Maybe they didn't realise they had two until they opened the envelope..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 I was personally quite happy when ebay stopped allowing sellers to give negative feedback. I received an email from them explaining that sellers wouldn't be allowed to leave negative feedbacks for buyers, as many buyers didn't dare to leave honest feedback for sellers for fear of feedback retaliation, and they felt it no longer helped to have that system in place... I was one of the people this happened to, a seller never sent an item, never replied to emails, never replied to paypal's inquiries, and I got my money back from Paypal, then left a negative feedback and immediately the seller, who had not bothered answering any emails or communication for weeks, left me a negative feedback saying I had not given them a chance to solve the dispute. If a seller does not respond to a paypal dispute then you get your money back and you can request that any neg feedback is withdrawn. You may still be able to do this All I can say as both a buyer & a seller is that since this new feedback system where I am a seller cannot leave anything but a positive, I have had 2 people win & then decide not to complete the transaction. Never had this problem before & I don't sell a lot - just a couple of things a week As a buyer who bought a top which was faulty when it arrived,the seller refused to refun me until I had left positive feedback for them This is feedback extortion & against ebay rules...they got reported & I have opened a claim with paypal. Therefore I can only conclude that the feedback system now being so much in the buyers favour is a bad thing for sellers Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 I agree Cinnamon... by trying to solve something that was not good for buyers (I did explain my situation to ebay and they said they couldn't delete 'retaliation feedback' from sellers - no idea why when the case was so obvious and the seller contacted me through ebay with his 'i'll withdraw mine if you withdraw yours'... surely a bit of a give away??), they've just created a situation that is not at all good for sellers... I'm glad they try to do something to solve the problems, but I don't think what they've done is better... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 All I can say as both a buyer & a seller is that since this new feedback system where I am a seller cannot leave anything but a positive, I have had 2 people win & then decide not to complete the transaction.Never had this problem before & I don't sell a lot - just a couple of things a week Funnily enough the same thing happened to me the other week. Never happened before in 3 years of selling. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 Hi Lisa I am sorry to read about the problems you are having with ebay and can't believe that horrid girl what is the matter with people?!! Hoping you get a response from the next in line person. Jules xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...