wombatally

Snotty noses

They can get colds, often some citricidal in the water resolves coughs and sneezes, but snotty noses often indicate it's gone beyond the stage where citricidal will help. If it doesn't, I think you are looking at a trip to the vet for antibiotics :(

Mine have been sneezing and have snotty noses too. One of my speckledys got it first (Marjorie), but she seems to be improving, but I think she has passed it on to the others.

They are all eating okay and look fine, so was adopting a 'wait and see' position. I was loathe to run straight to the vets unnecessarily.

I have been giving a bit of poultry spice and also added some apple cidar vinegar in their water. Whether this has helped I dont know, but I am sure it if was anything serious there would be other symptoms.

But then again I am no expert have only had my girls 8 weeks.

I have bought a book 'Avoid the Vet' which is produced by Practical Poultry magazine which goes into a lot of detail about everything including illnesses our girls can get. Very helpful.

Can anyone offer an explaination other than hayfever?! :?
They can get hay fever and allergies though...maybe that is all it is.

As long as it is not yellow, or green, or bubbly as Mel says, it is probably nothing to worry about if they are otherwise well.

Citricidal is very useful.

Does anyone know where I can buy Citricidal. I was told health food shops supply it, went to Holland and Barret today, but they hadnt heard of it.

I live in Worcester, work in Cheltenham, so if anyone knows anywhere local I can get it would be grateful.

Thanks. I have apple cidar vinegar so will continue with that.

Has anyone found that their girls arent laying as much with the 'sniffles'. Mine have only just started laying in the last couple of weeks anyway, but was getting 2 a day and was hoping the other 2 would start shortly, but now down to 1 a day, and its not always the same one laying.