Bootscooter Nell

Poorly Lisa

Hello

My chicken Lisa has not been looking well this afternoon. She was sitting down look uncomfortable and kept closing her eyes. I picked her up to have a look at her and when I put her down she fluffed up her feathers and out popped a soft egg. She seemed to perk up for about 5 minutes and now she is just standing in one spot and has gone to sleep standing up. Am I to assume that this is the result of the soft egg and she will perk up eventually once her body has recovered? I feel very worried and sad, Lisa has been a constant worry since I got her on Saturday, I don't know that I can cope with it all. :cry:

sorry to hear lisa is not her usual perky self.

Softies do tend to take it out of hens, when my girls lay one they appear hunched, dazed and quiet for quite some time prior to laying it and then will still be the same afterwards. The next morning after the incident my hens are as right as rain. :)

she should be fine.

Thank you all for your helpful advice. Just checked on the girls, Lisa is as bright as a button now and all three were stood together sheltering from the wind, preening themselves and not a spiteful peck to be seen!! Talk about being a panicky new Mum - still I can happily say that I am a little bit wiser in the skills of chicken keeping than I was this time yesterday :D