daisymay Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 My husband locked my girls up last night as I was out. At 6.45 this morning he asked whether I had already let the chickens out as Rosy was pecking round the garden. The answer was no. He insisted that he had locked them in so unless she had managed to open the cube on her own she must've done a rapid escape last night before lights out! I initially felt relieved she had escaped but when I looked in their area I've noticed there are a few tail feathers on the floor and she has one just dangling. I am now assuming something tried to grab her at some point which is why she maybe vanished for a bit. Is it possible that a fox would do this or is it more likely to be a cat (I have seen my neighbours cat attempt to get to them through the omlet netting but luckily it failed. They are very wary of my black cat now (who is too dozy to attempt to catch something as big as a chicken). Whoever it was has got expensive taste as they went for one of my crested girls......hoping it was a fluke and will not get more serious.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 A close shave.! I always do a head count once they are in the run. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daisymay Posted June 29, 2008 Author Share Posted June 29, 2008 Yes, so do I but my husband doesn't! Think he will in future. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
..lay a little egg for me Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Yes, so do I but my husband doesn't! Think he will in future. Ditto! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jools+6 Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 ONE OF MY GIRLS SPENT TWO NIGHTS UNDER A GARDEN TRUG !!! THEY WERE OUT RANGING ALL DAY AND WENT TO BED AS USUAL SO WE JUST LOCKED THEM UP . NEXT DAY WE HAD WORKMEN IN THE GARDEN SO WE KEPT THE SIX OF THEM IN THE RUN ALL DAY AND THEY WERE IN BED QUITE EARLY SO WE DIDNT THINK ... THE NEXT MORNING THERE WERE ONLY FIVE AND A GARDEN TRUG MAKING A SORRY SOUNDING BOK . WE COUNT NOW , RELIGIOUSLY !!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...