Richard Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 I went up to Cumbria to visit Mum and Dad, who are in their 80's. Timed the trip to visit Woolfest at Cockermouth. It was really really good. There were lots of knit your own yoghurt types but there was a lot of good stuff to buy (not that I opened my wallet much - can't let the moths out) and I did buy a load of Regia sock wool at nearly half price. And her indoors nearly came home with a baby alpaca ... But the find of the show for me were a set of ebony double pointed needles. I've been knitting on bamboo needles for a while and they are pretty rubbish - they get all bent and I have to steam them back straight over a kettle. But I found a set of 2.5mm dpns in ebony and they are terrific - smooth, kind, lovely to use. Brilliant. Any one else go? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 No i didnt go but i would like to know why your wife didnt return with the baby alpaca?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard Posted June 29, 2008 Author Share Posted June 29, 2008 No i didnt go but i would like to know why your wife didnt return with the baby alpaca?! Are you joking! I don't mind knitting with the wool but I'm not having those things in the garden. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Why not? Afraid the neighbours will talk?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 There were lots of knit your own yoghurt types Love it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Phonix Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 I drove passed it - does that count lol? Stacey x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paola Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 There were lots of knit your own yoghurt types Love it. That went straight over my head Do explain I use oak (cannot remember who makes them but they have lovely painted tops) and rosewood (by Pony) needles with no problems I would have loved to have gone, am very i have only just picked my needles back up again after a few months break. Forgot how much I enjoy it. Socks is something I would like to master Do you use circular needles as well as the double points Richard? Do you crochet? That is another thing I would like to get to grips with Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trish Posted July 1, 2008 Share Posted July 1, 2008 What day were you there we might have passed each other. I opened my wallet a lot, you would have noticed the moth deposits all over the place. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...