Electricbarbarella Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 Ok I think I am probably getting a Warren A Blac rock A bluebelle and a white star What colour eggs can I expect from these, the other options are light sussex and daisy belle. Also how many eggs a day can you expect from 4 chooks once they are laying? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moochoo Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 Hi, apart from the white star that lays white eggs all your others including your reserves lay shades of brown. They'll all taste fantastic though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 Whitestar eggs are china white & just beautiful. The others are all browns of varying degrees. Have a look in my gallery for a piccy of a Whitestar egg & some from the other breeds you have mentioned - link below Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gamebird Posted June 30, 2008 Share Posted June 30, 2008 I have 2 each of Light Sussex (hydrid), Ginger Rangers and Bluebelles. They all lay various shades of brown. Light Sussex are almost cream, the Rangers are the darkest and the Bluebelles somewhere inbetween. So that's 6 chickens and I get 5 to 6 eggs each day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...