ajm200 Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Hi all, I'm looking for a set of ipod speakers that are capable of filling a 20' x 30' room with reasonable quality sound and don't cost a fortune. I love the bose speakers and had enough to buy them from my tax rebate last year but the fence blew in and the money had to be used for the repair. I've tried some of the cheaper ones during my last trip to the Apple store and found them underpowered or tinny sounding.. Any recommendations? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Sorry Bose are what we bought and not sure what else to recommend. The Bose are fantastic and worth a save up for BBx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clash City Rocker Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 I have the Bose Speaker/Dock and it really is "Fab". If you buy direct from Bose you have an option for interest free credit, 3 payments over a period of time rather than a one off payment. you know it makes sense http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-entertainment/personal-audio/sounddock-digital-music-systems/sounddock-portable/index.jsp Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
little chickadee Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 This is what I would recommend http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harman-Multimedia-SOUNDSTICKSIIEU-Kardon-Soundsticks/dp/B0001W8EFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215009864&sr=8-1 We have an ipod and these speakers as our only stereo and music is really really important to us (we don't watch telly) They are £99 and worth 4 times that amount in my opinion. They are actually designed originally for using with a computer, but I know that the apple stores sell them as recommended speakers. Really really brilliant. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ajm200 Posted July 2, 2008 Author Share Posted July 2, 2008 I'd love the bose set but I don't work and every time I manage to save up some money, it has to be diverted elsewhere. Right now, our priorities have to be a double buggy, car that accomodates two babies and all their stuff and a bed for my son as his cot will have a new occupant in 3 months time. If I ask my OH for a set of Bose speakers, he'll have a mental meltdown. I want to get something though as I want to use hyp"Ooops, word censored!"irthing tracks in the delivery room when i have my baby and the ipod battery is unlikely to last as long as the labour. I don't want to buy something cheap and cheerful for the big day only to find it is not good for home use afterwards. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 Wh have Bose but they are expensive there is a fantastic speaker system that's even better but even more expensive called Zeplin very very There were some special offers in Currys when I bought my son an ipod recently that sounded pretty good I think they were about £70 with about a £30 discount I think Take your ipod to an electrical store and have a listen, then you know what your taste in music should sound like, and if it is replicated properly on the docking systems They always try them for you but if it is tracks you don't know then it may not sound great Karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
layla Posted July 2, 2008 Share Posted July 2, 2008 http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/test_bench/article3594525.ece I looked on here and have just ordered this http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000YICA2O/ref=nosim/accessleedsco107-21 TBH we already have a bose Wave Radio/Cd and weren't very impressed at all ........think some of the bose stuff is overated . Hope this helps Layla Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...