Cat

Chicken Eglu for Rabbits?

Could you use a chicken eglu for rabbits? there are some chicken eglu's being sold on eBay and the seller is deeming them fit to be used for rabbits as well. obviously there are definite highs about using the proper rabbit eglu but they are quite expensive and our wooden rabbit hutch is starting to leak so we are looking at second hand eglu's but only chicken ones have come up so far.

Thanks

You could use one. The wooden roosting bars lift out, so once taken out the base is flat for your bunny.

It does not have the feeding bits and bobs in it, where they would be is the nesting box, but I think a rabbit would like that bit myself.

I saw those entries on ebay too Cat and was initially confused until I realsied that they were quoting from the generic information about eglus in general i.e. that they can be used for chooks and bunnies. But they weren't making clear the fact that there is one model specifically for bunnies.

I have one of each, and the bunny one is configured quite differently inside. While the chook eglu could, at a pinch, be used for bunnies, it isn't ideal and would be more dificult to clean out when used by bunnies.

It is important to remember not to use the chook one for guinea pigs however, as they would get their little feet stuck in the slats - the Rablu is great for them though.

Hi

I have two bunnies in my Eglu, I left the nesting box in and they use it as their loo!! Its easier to clean than any wooden hutch we have ever had, and the bunnies love it.

We had to wire the bottom of the run though because Sybil can dig for England!

(green eglu)

GNRGNRGNRGNRGNRGNR Rescue girls coming soon!!