LJ's Chooks

more help please....

Ginger seems to be stretching her beak open regularly at moment... she was treated with Fluebevent in may and has been on Xeno 200 for the last 6 weeks (3 treatments) so i dont think this is gape worm or is it?????

She still has a sore eye too... no better, I think i'll bathe it again this afternoon, just wonder if this could cause her beak stretching thing as she is trying to release the pressure from what ever is upsetting her eye????

I dont know... any advice please chook experts???

Have you seen a vet? If you are worried and have tried all the solutions you can think of, then perhaps that's your next step?

My experience would lead me to ask about her crop and check it's not impacted or pendulous.

If the treatment for worms has been successful then gape worm should logically be ruled out so the beak opening & gasping is a worry. :?

I agree with Ginette in that a trip to the vet is probably needed now as your little chook may need an expert eye cast over her.