Joojoo Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 Sorry just had to come on here and get this off my chest. Am absolutely furious Just had a phone call from the Mum of a friend of Ashleys to say that he was going to Cornwall with them for a week on Saturday . Now bearing in mind that he lives with me and we have a very close relationship I thought it was a bit strange to say the least that he hadn't mentioned it. It turns out that she has phoned Ashley's Dad and asked him if it's ok and he said "yeah of course he can go". Never gave it a second thought that I have full responsibility for him and that I should have been the one to discuss it not him. It wasn't just me in the dark - Ashley knew nothing about it either!! Needless to say with only 1 and a bit days before they are going I have said no. Rant over. Sorry just needed to get it off my chest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 I'm not surprised you are annoyed. I'd have said no too. These things need a bit of weighing up and discussion, and a couple of days is not long enough, and to have it foisted upon you like that is not on. Grrrr indeed. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 Well done you. I'm so glad you have said no. I hope Ashley is OK about it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surferdog Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 Hmmm - sounds like you have been manipulated by one of the Mummy mafia. Would have been nice if they'd at least asked Ashley if he'd like to go.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 Good on you for saying no. She sounds like a bit of a pushy one to me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 What on earth was she playing at ? Surely you'd ask the parent that lives with the child concerned first if it was OK, then ask the child if he'd like to go . You're quite right to say no (hope Ashley's of the same opinion ). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted August 14, 2008 Author Share Posted August 14, 2008 Thanks everyone. It's reassuring to know that I'm not being unreasonable She works at the same place as myself and ex OH and for some reason decided it would be easier to make an internal phone call to him rather than dial 9 first and ask me as I'm on leave. She is VERY pushy and one of these Mothers that I don't understand having children at all. She is forever trying to palm her son off one place or another. She even asked me to have him for a week a couple of years ago whilst she swanned off to Greece :. I said no to that too!! His Dad lives within half a mile of them and has him every weekend so I can't understand why he wouldn't be her first port of call if she was that desperate to go away without him. I'm presuming he must have put his foot down. I know it's nice to have a break from the kids for a few days but she is always off somewhere without him. Now she has a new man in tow so I'm assuming she wants to spend as much time with him as she can and wants someone else there to keep her son occupied Ashley is fine about it. It was as much of a shock to him as it was to me. I don't think he is that bothered as he's got his close friends near by and they are arranging cinema, bowling trips etc. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rona Posted August 14, 2008 Share Posted August 14, 2008 She sounds the sort of woman you wouldn't want to entrust your son to no matter how much warning you were given. Also she would no doubt then expect you to return the 'favour' by having her son for a week. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...