OliviaDavies

mad women in nighties and pug fanciers

haven't been on forum for ages and sorry to have missed the first year anniversary - I have only had my girls for four months but seems like much longer - I love them to pieces and can't imagine not having them - thanks to Omlet for making it possible and hello to everyone!

CHICKENS RULE - OK !!! :lol:

p.s. need to ask Kate whether chickens get worms - noticed a wiggly thing in some poo yesterday - but will look on the health section - sorry to bring the tone down !!! :?

Hello Olivia, wondered where you'd gone, out in the garden no doubt! We've saved you a glass (& Flubenvet treat for girls) to celebrate the Eglu.

I think we got our girls around the same week, so look forward to sharing celebrations with you next Feb! Keep in touch!

Hi Olivia, are you adding garlic powder to food? You can try that as a preventative for the future, may be effective.

I check poop every day, interesting... :) wonder what the neighbours think as I stick my head into the tray (not literally). Thanks for description as I'll know what I'm looking for!!!!!

Bx :lol:

Hello Girls!

Thanks so much for all your advice, Lesley has very kindly offered to send me some Flubenvet for which I am very grateful.

Sorry I haven't been posting much but I have had trouble with internet connection and being a complete dipstick where computers are concerned have to rely on the old man to get me up and running again!!

Thanks again

I'll let you know how I get on with the worms!!!

Olivia

Olivia, you will only need a very small amount of Flubenvet each day for 2 chickens, and as it can be hard to tell whether they have had the full dose it may be an idea to add it into some oats and yoghurt, or some other treat that you know they will gobble down.............When I treated mine I at first added it to the mash but wasn't sure how much they were eating each day, so then added it to oats and yogurt the whole lot was eaten in seconds, I picked this tip up from another poultry site and it worked for me.........Good luck and hope the worms are eradicated soon.

Well actually he's... ahem... a hairless pug but silver and brown chested. A very rare specimen!! Well trained and does a fab trick with a wine bottle and corkscrew.

I'm sure yours are brillaintly behaved, love the faces, obviously drawn to that look as we love boxers and have Katie.

I'm near Olney Bucks, on the border of beds and northants, where are you?

I'm supposed to be in Milton Keynes (got some john Lewis vouchers that need spending) but have tidied house, spent ages on the forum and made some bread. Barbara is going to have a change and become babs :P the chicken owning socialite and put some lippy and clean clothes on, actually she's going to have a shower and dress in something without hairs and flour on it. Stinky thing...hope I haven't upset my fur and feather kids!!

The neighbours must think there's two women living here with Mikey, a scruff bag lady who walks around in dressing gown, flip flops or walking boots depending on the weather (in the early hours) and a slightly more classy bird (note slightly)

:D

:D Bx

Buffie

Have you put your lippy (or totty as my sister calls it!) on yet or are you still surfing the forum!! I like the sound of your bald, silver and brown chested pug and am intrigued about the corkscrew and bottle of wine bit - sounds a bit dodgy if you ask me!! :?

I am frequently to be found in the garden wearing my scarlet cloggies and nighie bending over my Eglu - my husband says that the man next door waits by the window to get a view - NOT !!! :wink: I got caught out the other day, I went out to the front gate in my nightie and dressing gown to wave goodbye to my daughter, front door slammed shut - HELP, :shock: had to run down the drive at the side of the house at top speed! :oops::oops::oops: So, you are not the only one who looks like a bag lady at times!

We are in a little village just near Flitwick and Ampthill about 15 miles south of Milton Keynes - nothing much happens here but I don't care because I have my husband, children, dogs and chickens and that's all I want in life!! :D:D:D

Olivia

I just love it when you ladies go "off topic".....it brightens my day and makes me laugh out loud!!!!!

Tim

(I won't tell you what state of undress I have been in when stumbling out of bed bleary-eyed to tend our chooks...not a pretty sight!....Sarah, she who must be obeyed, insists on wearing her pink & blue polka dot wellies with her dressing gown...so chic!)