Luvachicken Posted February 6, 2009 Share Posted February 6, 2009 Whilst peeling all the veggies for our stew, to warm us up from all the snow, I was wondering if you could use any root veg peelings to make the chickens a warm treat rather than just potato peelings ? Also, does anyone know if the snow will make a difference to my chickens arrival and eglu cube. I hope it doesn't snow too much more as they are supposed to arrive on my 40th next week. coming soon x2 x1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cordelia Posted February 6, 2009 Share Posted February 6, 2009 mine have had most veg....you have to cook the potato peelings...but mine like carrots, cooked or raw.... although I have to say , they didnt at first... Good luck with the cube and chook delivery...its worth phoning Omlet, just in case they expect delays..to put your mind at rest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
fluffyknickers Posted February 6, 2009 Share Posted February 6, 2009 I am new to this too but I know they cant have raw potato but can have cooked. They can have raw things like brussels and broccoli, cabbage, lettuce etc and like things like stawberrys (the bit cut off the top for example). HOwever just from reading on here these things are treats and their main diet is pellets and treats are on top of this maybe in the afternoon or before they go to bed. x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
alexgirl73 Posted February 6, 2009 Share Posted February 6, 2009 I keep all my veg peelings and ends etc, then bung them all in the pot and boil it up. My girls love it, especially on these cold nights Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...