cordelia

Cream Legbar's First Egg at approx 36 weeks with pic's

At long last, Henrietta our lovely cream legbar has laid her first egg.

She disappeared into the Eglu this lunchtime, and I just kept my fingers crossed.

Well she has laid her very first egg...and its WHITE !!!! The other eggs are from our Rhode Island Red girls

eggs-1.jpg

Well a bit of a disappointment, but I'm glad she's has laid...

Wombatally has her sister chicken and she laid a green egg yesterday, so I was hoping Henrietta would soon, so obligingly she has...so I cant complain...

and I'm happy that she has laid... (shame I told everyone that it should be blue :oops:

!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!!eggwhite!

Henrietta in the snow this morning...

Jan2009073-1.jpgJan2009072.jpg

EDITED to say the egg is cream, once it had sat for a while , and so is her second egg which she laid in the pen!!! today ....what a job to collect it....so they arent blue, they arent white but cream..... !eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!

Edited by Guest

she is a little more shy than the others....she hasnt crouched which was odd....as the others practically lay down in front of me now..and let me pick them up, which they didnt before they came into lay...

she's lovely...we love her because she sang when she came to us...and is the baby and last in the pecking order....

although she will chase the garden birds now....

and she looks quite regal, with her pointy tail...and upright stance...

I wonder if the eggs will change...??? as more are laid...? best not get my hopes up

they are white but not pure white...its a bit pinky- white (sorry my best description) but certainly not blue or green hued....worse luck

oh dear.....I may need another hen LOL... :-D

I'd love a mixed flock.......ahhhhhhhhh......

Lucky you that she's laid! Our Cream Legbar, Bunty arrived in the middle of May last year aged 12 weeks and still hasn't laid - that makes her about (let me think....) 46 weeks and still no sign. I think maybe she's an imposter and isn't a chicken at all, but something entirely different!

I live in hope.........

Sheila

I hope you get a blue one tomorrow!

My cream legbar took about 35 weeks to start, but at least they are blue. But my andalusian is laying very pale brown eggs rather than the white she is supposed to. I have been hoping they might change to white, but they haven't yet.

Milly

Lucky you that she's laid! Our Cream Legbar, Bunty arrived in the middle of May last year aged 12 weeks and still hasn't laid - that makes her about (let me think....) 46 weeks and still no sign.

Molly, our Pied Suffolk, was 39 weeks before she laid properly (we had 10 tiny eggs months beforehand then nothing!). Fingers crossed for Bunty :) .

scottie...good luck with your girl......as its soon spring, perhaps that will be her time....

UPDATE on colour, well its still not blue, but its definitely CREAM and not white or even pinky white....

it matches my eggskelter perfectly, LOL and my cream enamel saucepan stand...

we've compared it with a proper white egg...and its definitely cream.....

so our cream legbar, has cream eggs... !eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!!eggcream!