Raina Posted April 27, 2009 Share Posted April 27, 2009 Hi all, I've put a golf ball in the girls nest box, so they know where to lay when they start! But have i put it in too early? I've been told that the younger one is about 16 weeks and the older around 20 Thanks, Raina Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
southernchicken Posted April 27, 2009 Share Posted April 27, 2009 I think it's between 22-23 weeks for first egg Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted April 27, 2009 Share Posted April 27, 2009 It may be- one of mine was about 28 weeks and a second about 38 weeks - but they are bantams and reputedly later than others. Don't worry, it will come. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raina Posted April 27, 2009 Author Share Posted April 27, 2009 I don't mind waiting for em to lay lol, my mum & sis can't wait though they both keep arguing about who's going to have the first egg Just don't really want them laying somewhere where i can't reach the egg (like in the run, got stuck in the door a few weeks ago, my mum had to help me out ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted April 27, 2009 Share Posted April 27, 2009 I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to know that they know where to lay their eggies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...