surfer_chicken

Loss of appetite and perkyness..

Tango (approx. 19 weeks old- Gingernut).

She's normally quite perky and loves destroying our garden, but at after being her normal self, at 1pm today, she went into the eglu and stayed there for 3 hours and only moved when we went to clean out the eglu. She then went and sat in a corner of the garden and didn't move unless we attempted to catch her to put her back into the run. This made her very stressed and she pooed a very runny, white liquid. She's also been off her food since 1pm, and couldn't even be tempted by a huge juicy worm. She's been sat in the eglu ever since we put her back in the run.

We've found this quite worrying as it is completely out of character. :(

Can anyone think of anything that might be wrong? :?

It may be that she's coming in to lay, although I think that 19 weeks sounds a wee bit young for a first egg. Sometimes as they start to lay they do soft shelled eggs which makes them feel poorly.

Has she been wormed at all? Has she done any normal looking poos since the runny one?

She's done normal poo's earlier today but I'm not sure since..(she's been doing the runny ones since we got her 2 weeks ago-- it was just worse today) I'll check in the morning. She hasn't been wormed since we got her.. but we used red mite powder on them on wednesday (incase that makes any difference :? ) And we haven't seen any soft-shelled eggs yet but I hope it's just laying!

Thank you for making us less worried! :|

She sounds like my Bella. She laid 2 soft shelled eggs after going very quiet. She just stood in one spot and didn't move even for her favourite treat. I kept checking on her during the evening and then we saw two softies in the pooh tray and she was back to normal self and wanting food. She did the same the next day too but we just had one softie.

Everytime she has that 'Thousand Mile Stare' I wonder if its about to happen again.

That's a relief. Laying soft shelled eggs makes them feel very unwell, as you've witnessed!

It's not unusual for them to have a few blips as they come into lay with laying softies, so just keep an eye on her and if it doesn't resolve itself soon, consider giving her extra calcium rations to help with the shell forming.