CRAZY CHICK

Where to buy chook feed in South Oxfordshire ?

Hello hen lovers . Today I have been driving around all the pet shops/ feed shops looking for organic layer pellets and disinfectant for my coop, Everywhere I went had no chicken stuff. Does anyone know of any stockists near Wallingford? Also I clean my eglu with Ecover but I don't know if I should use anything else to protect from infeatations, or do you just treat as and when it occurs. Any advice greatly received from the very undomesticated goddess :)

Hi, I used to live in Benson twenty-something years ago and my parents had chickens at our house in Nettlebed.

Have you tried Gommes in Chinnor 01844 355800 or H C Pearce in Thame 01844 212034? I have a feeling there should be somewhere in Watlington but maybe not nowadays.

Good luck with your search...

I live in Abingdon and get my chicken equipment from:

Seeneys Pet Supplies, Stratton Way , Abingdon , Oxfordshire OX14 3RG

01235 555494.

They sell Allen & Page layers pellets.

Their Oxford store has a much bigger range of Chicken equipment by they will transfer stock you request to their Abingdon store free of charge.

I also get some bits from:

Scats Country Stores, Hectors Way, Newbury, RG14 5AB

01635 43436

Paul.

There's no big pet supplies store called Seeney's in Oxford to my knowledge. If there is, will someone please tell me where it is!

I get my pellets from Gill's Ironmongers (down an alley opposite the market in central Oxford), mainly because they deliver without charge and early in the morning. But I don't think that the pellets are organic, and you have to order them a few days before you need them.

Seeneys Oxford store is:

Seeneys, Water Eaton , Oxford , Oxfordshire OX2 8HA

The Oxford store is located in an old farm building and stocks products for Horses and Chickens and is not really a "pet shop".

The Abingdon store is much more like a traditional pet shop with only a few items for chickens.

Paul.

Thanks very much for this Paul. I do not have a car, and am delighted to learn that there is somewhere I can get chicken supplies. If you take a look at this map, you will see that it's not really in Oxford itself, but in the middle of nowhere! But it might be within cycling distance (in the summer, anyway).

Hi I live very near you in South Stoke (near Goring) and haven't been here long either. I've driven around to all the pet shops and have found the same problem as you. I was about to start internet hunting so I am pleased to see the recommendation in Water Eaton, thanks! I've had my 3 chickens since September 7th and have no eggs yet. If one more person tells me it will be Spring now I'll go mad! I just cleaned their little free range area out this afternoon and I think I am about used to all the poo now. For the 2nd day in a row they have come to find me today by jumping onto the fence to jump into the rest of the garden to complain about the lack of s"Ooops, word censored!"s. Phoebe was in my kitchen earlier while Rachel and Monica were a little more cautious. Will my chickens ever lay?!

Just to add one more Oxfordshire supplier - the pet supplies shop "Pet Stop" :roll: next to the Wyevale Garden Centre, off the Oxford ring road (A34) at South Hinksey (OX1 5AR) sells non-organic layers pellets and layers mash, as well as mixed corn, and other supplies.