MadAboutChooks

A Rod for my own Back

Hi There,

I think that I may be spoiling my chooks! When I was young (long time ago) we kept chooks and my mum used to cook and mash potato and carrot peelings then mix in with the mash. Well ... I seem to have started doing the same, the chooks absolutly love it and it does seem to be good way for them to eat their pellets mixed in with them. However the other day I didnt have any mash and their little faces when they rushed out to find that there was no goodies... They were heartbreaking, and kept looking around.

Am I the only mug who does this?? :?: Do you all think that I am spoiling them just a little too much :?: Opions please.

I can't resist giving my girls goodies either. You could keep a stash of grapes, sweetcorn, tomatoes, etc. That are already prepared and you can pop these in the run if you have no mash.

Like egluntine said though, don't overfeed them on treats or they won't eat enough of their proper food.