Margalot Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I had run out of grit for my girls, and could not find any suitable sized stuff, budgie grit was tiny! I ended up with a bag of grit for Pigeons, it has Redstone in it? which looks like crumbled house brick?! Is this ok for the girls or am I going to harm them, will I end up with pink eggs? They find their own grit around the garden any way so am I being daft? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 I'd check that it doesn't contain salt.....I think some varieties do. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 It will be too fine and will just pass straight through them. It won't harm them, but it won't do a busting lot either. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margalot Posted June 8, 2009 Author Share Posted June 8, 2009 Its the same size as the grit I had from Omlet? and I dont think it contains salt, i can see shell pieces in there, just concerned about the Redstone! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 8, 2009 Share Posted June 8, 2009 If it's the saem as that one, then it should be fine (can't see it, so hard to tell). Pigeon grit is generally tiny, wee stuff like sand. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...