millymollymandy Posted June 9, 2009 Share Posted June 9, 2009 I don't know if I should be worried but as I was just watching my chooks out the window Layla threw up on the patio! It was basically water and then the others had a peck at it?? Not sure if she is ill or just over eaten as OH has had the day off and everytime he goes out in the garden he likes to give them a treat so they have had corn, mealworms and a bit of manky salad this afternoon. Should I be worried? She is still pecking around in the garden at the mo Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Budgies Posted June 9, 2009 Share Posted June 9, 2009 Hens aren't supposed to be sick, so it usually is an indication that something's not quite right. Keep an eye on her tomorrow, check her crop is empty in the morning (as it's meant to be) and doesn't feel squishy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 10, 2009 Share Posted June 10, 2009 They often splash it back up if they have drunk too much. Why do their companions find it such a delicacy? If she is otherwise well, I wouldn't worry, but if it seems to be happening regularly, I would examine her and see if anything seems amiss. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
millymollymandy Posted June 10, 2009 Author Share Posted June 10, 2009 thanks they are all cowering under the cube because of the downpour feeling sorry for themselves will keep an eye on her Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickybaby Posted June 10, 2009 Share Posted June 10, 2009 I see my chickens do this every so often and they have been fine. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eggalp Posted June 10, 2009 Share Posted June 10, 2009 i have seen this too after they have had a big drink, so i wouldnt worry - serves them right for being so greedy!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 10, 2009 Share Posted June 10, 2009 never seen my girls do it I have seen bubbles come out of their nose if they've drunk too much. How is she now? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...