gooner.girl

Football Chat

John is 27! So just about to reach his prime hopefully! It'll be interesting to see if he takes the number 10 shirt which is obviously vacant after Baros' departure. If young signs tomorrow aswell. We'll have made 3 positive signings!

Tore Andre Flo is that the lanky plank playing for Leeds United! :lol::wink:

I think Carew's a gamble - could come off - stranger things have happened

Young on the other hand - if you pay £10million for him - then you're bonkers (or, at least, O'Neill is - not you personally!!)

£10million a young unproven defender - the world has gone mad...

pains me to say it - but I do respect "Ooops, word censored!"nal for not going for the big-money signings....

it's not the mark of a good manager to think he can simply buy his way out of trouble..

remember... Keegan, Sourness, Leeds!!, West Ham (just now!), and it seems Villa want to join in...

:wink:

Phil

Phil we're not buying our way out of trouble, we're strenthening the squad. O'Neill has money available for the first time in his managerial career. He's made little players big especially at Celtic. I'm sure he'll bring in another player aswell and we'll qualif for europe... just!

Phil, young is a midfielder/striker!

it's my age Martin - you have to make allowances!! - I have defenders on the brain because we are linked with about 8 defenders around the world I have never heard of!!

it's still a lot of money to spend on one so unproven

(in much the same way that Carrick is not worth £18million and Hargreaves is not worth £20million...)

the world's gone mad!!

Phil

puh!

Thats pocket change when you compare that with 30 mill for shevchenko!

and yes, my views on him have changed Phil....he's fit for one place and it aint Chelsea.

Send him our way and you can have Jlloyd Samuel! Hurry up, "Ooops, word censored!"nal want him too!

You're jealous because you're stuck with Idan Tal and Jared Borgetti!

Villa invest in the future, because they are the future!

:wink::P:D

we sold Jared Borgetti at the end of last season.. He was a touch of class - but Sam never played him - a real goalscorer - scored a couple of crackers in the UEFA for us...

Idan Tal is a bit lightweight - too easily pushed off the ball - but he has flashes of brilliance..

we need two more defenders (we have no cover) and we need a creative midfielder (preferably with pace!) we have to have the slowest midfield in living memory..

Campo.. Nolan.. Speed.. :roll:

Phil

Hey Phil,

Send Nolan our way and you can have Jlloyd Samuel! Hurry up he's been linked with "Ooops, word censored!"nal and Chelsea!

Is that linked in your mind Martin?! :wink: Anyone would think you were keen to get rid of him....

The predictions table is a few pages back Martin, (Phil and I got rather carried away today :oops: ) Basically the girls are up the top of the table and you boys are at the bottom. All is as it should be eh Chelsea?! :wink:

One good thing - ManU are not the first team to beat "Ooops, word censored!"nal at the Emirates - which leaves that honour open for another team... Mmmmm.......... :wink:

Phil

But hey.. The first goal scorer in a league match at the Emirates was OLOF MELLBERG OF ASTON VILLA! THE FIRST TEAM TO TAKE A POINT FROM "Ooops, word censored!"NAL AT EMIRATES WAS ASTON VILLA. THE FIRST FORUM MEMBER TO VISIT THE EMIRATES WAS NOT AN "Ooops, word censored!"NAL FAN!

I do love to brag!

I'll agree with the 'women reign supreme' Chelsea - not sure about the rest! :?:?:?:wink:

I think Omlet should donate a new eglu to the winner (ie - me! :wink: ) as i am going to need to buy a new one for my ducks!

Two weeks in and the "Ooops, word censored!"nal Fans turn cocky. "The "Ooops, word censored!"nal way"

You're in an antagonistic mood tonight Martin! :lol::lol:

When you're older you'll realise that us girls ALWAYS know best!

I do love to brag!

REALLY??!!! :wink::lol::lol::lol: I'm still jealous you were there you know!

yes martin I should make the most of it now whilst your'e still a nipper.

In the years ahead you will have a great BIG THUMB PRINT on yer head :lol:

Any update on this weeks Predictions table?

Are we going to do it for F.A cup weekend. Because Villa are out, can I pick one random fixture for us to predict for?

are they?? :wink: how did that happen?? :lol:

it'll just be two games to predict then... (both on Sunday)

"Ooops, word censored!"nal v Bolton

Chelsea v Nottm Forest

tricky...

Mmmmmmmmm..

Phil