Lewis Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Well, we've got some eggs hatching at school and I think Theodore has started to go broody today. The chicks are due on Wednesday and Friday and I have a spare . Do you think I should snap her out of it or Put her in the or spare rabbit hutch and give her some of the day-old cockerels to raise? -which means leaving Matilda on her own If only we still had 3 hens then Matilda wouldn't be on her own and Theodore could have some babies to look after! The other chicks will be raised in a brooder and they'll ultimately end up integrated with Matilda + Theodore all living together. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted July 12, 2009 Share Posted July 12, 2009 Maybe you could leave her broody for a few days and see what hatches before making a decision? then you could go ether way from there Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 12, 2009 Author Share Posted July 12, 2009 Maybe you could leave her broody for a few days and see what hatches before making a decision? then you could go ether way from there Sounds like a good call I think I'll probably raise the chicks all together so they can all go in the brooder then . We've got a streaming webcam set up but the link isn't working (and obviously there's nothing to see yet ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted July 13, 2009 Author Share Posted July 13, 2009 I took her off and she's snapped out of it. I thought it was better to have one group of chicks rather than two then trying to re-integrate Theodor in with Matilda, at the same time as integrating the 2 chick groups and then a few weeks down the line integrating them all together This way there will only be one introduction Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...